Sunday, March 31, 2013

Playing with Gesso

Here is another card that I have created where gesso background is the main focal point. I love when I get idea and I can just run with it.

There are days where I need to create a card for an event and I can't just come up with any ideas. Thank god for pinterest. :)

So here the card:
 I have used Spellbinders romantic rectangles to create the base of the card and the layer.

This card is one of the fastest ones I have ever done.

To create the image I have gessoed ( not sure if that's a word :) ) the rectangle and waited for it to dry. I didn't want to use my heat gun because it would change the properties of gesso a little bit.
I have used my inktense pencils to add color and tons of water to move the color around then used paper towels to wipe it off and create honey comb effect.

Stamped and embossed the flowers and flourishes with Just Rite stamps.

Added my viva pearls.
I love those.
And it's Done.
 
I am playing with JustRite Stamp challenge & Simon says stamps http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.ca/2013/03/simon-says-anything-goes.html

5 comments:

  1. Stacey...All of the cards you entered into the JR challenge are beautiful, this one is my fave. I love the white embossing the and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered some gesso so I'm glad to see what you have done with it -- great job! Thanks for sharing again at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gesso is so neat! I must find gesso and give it a try...thank for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so soft and pretty. I really like what you've done here and now I want to try it myself. What kind of paper did you use ? Is it regular cardstock or watercolour paper? I'm really loving all your entries, I'm learning so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shona, thank you for kind words. One thing I found out gesso really makes cardstock wet... so it layers easily. For this card I actually used one of the paint samples that I had brought home when we were painting my space. Because the paper somewhat grossy it didn't layered.
      If you don't put toooo much gesso... like i attempted... then any regular cardstock is fine.

      Hope this helps :)

      Delete

Hello,
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your comments. I really appriciate it. I check my blog ofter and absolutly LOVE reading your comments. I love any suggestions or tips how I can improve. Thank you again!!

Stacy