Friday, January 24, 2014

Love is in the Air

Hello,

One of my friends has gotten engaged and this card was for her. This design took me forever to put together.

Here is the card and close ups:

 I finally used some pattern paper. I find I don't use it enough, although I do hoard it well :)...
I have started with picking out the pattern paper that I wanted to play with. I think this is Recollection paper, I have bought at Michaels when it was on sale...
I have distressed the the paper. Cut out 2 pieces and stamped JR boarders  to make sure they tie together with the same image. Used my embossing paste and prima stencil to create the "wall" look.
It took some time to dry because I've added a thick layer.
I've added the lace to create shabby chic feel. I wanted to add feeling of  "fairy dust".. So I used stampendious frontage embossing powders.

I like those. The glitter is mixed with  different thickness embossing powder..... Word of advice, start embossing from the bottom of the paper... don't do what I did, otherwise you will end up with sparkles all over.......

While I was playing with embossing powders on the front of my card I decided to use chipboard and emboss the wooden letters.

I have used Cherry Lynn dies to create the flowers and flourishes. I really love this die for flowers. It takes a bit longer to make but it totally worth it.

The Idea was to put "love" at the bottom of the card and have flowers growing out it with brides and grooms initials. Her name start with an A and his with M.

I have added tons of hearts. I used Martha Stewart punch "heart confetti". I love that punch because it punches 6 hearts at the same time. I added glossy accents on all the hearts and letters.

And The card is ready. I really like how it came out. Here are few close ups of the letters and flowers.

The card participating in:
http://cheerylynndesigns.blogspot.ca/2014/01/cheery-lynn-designs-116-sweethearts.html
http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/904/
http://www.onecrazystampercom.blogspot.ca/2014/01/january-anything-goes-challenge.html





11 comments:

  1. Hi Stacey, what a beautiful card. The effects you have managed to get for your textures are fab. A real keepsake card for your friend. Good luck with your challenges.

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly gorgeous engagement card you've created and those flowers are stunning! Love all the textures and glitter goodness! Thanks for playing along in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge! -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy, this isn't a card, it is a fabulous piece of ART !! This must have taken ages to do, you have so many amazing details. I am such a big fan !!
    Just curious as to which CL die you used for the flowers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shona, Thank you for sweet comments. I have used build a flower 2 & 3 to get the flowers. It easier then it looks :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous card /ART so much texture . Those flowers are beautiful and so real looking just wondering which CL die you used for them .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn. Thank you for comments. i have used build a flower 2& 3... more of 3 leaves :)

      Delete
  5. This is such a pretty card, Stacy. I love those glittered letter and all the sweet flowers. It's really awesome. I just became your newest blog follower, and I would love to have you stop by my blog and become my follower too (I don't have many followers yet). I hope you will stop by!
    Sierra
    www.sierrasgift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of your pretty Build A Flower's! They are so lifelike and gorgeous with the Fanciful Flourish too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cheery Lynn Designs for our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stacy, this is a work of art, just gorgeous and I love your yellow flowers. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely thought behind this piece of art Stacy! Loved how you have worked on it...it looks beautiful, am sure your friend will cherish this treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your comments. I really appriciate it. I check my blog ofter and absolutly LOVE reading your comments. I love any suggestions or tips how I can improve. Thank you again!!

Stacy